The following guidelines notwithstanding, the Community Foundation of Monroe County reserves the right to accept or reject any grant request. In evaluating grant requests, consideration will be given to the following factors:
- The experience and reputation of the requesting organization.
- The potential impact of the project on the community and its citizens.
- The availability of alternative funding sources.
- The probability that the project can be sustained.
- The probability of success in meeting a community need.
- A complete and reasonable proposal and budget.
Special consideration will be given to proposals offering innovative solutions to community problems which stimulate the collaborative efforts of various community organizations and having broad community support and involvement.
The Community Foundation of Monroe County makes every effort to be flexible in trying to meet community needs, but the following areas will generally not be considered for funding:
- Grants to individuals (except for scholarship programs).
- Grants to political campaigns or campaigns for the purpose of influencing legislation.
- Grants to annual fund raising drives.
- Grants to endowment campaigns.
- Grants for the operational phases of established programs.
- Grants for conferences or travel.
- Grants for scholarly research.
At the present time, the Community Foundation of Monroe County does not make loans or multi-year grant commitments.
The Community Foundation of Monroe County operates without discrimination as to age, race, religion, sex or national origin , and will award grants only to grant seekers which do not discriminate as to age, race, religion, sex or national origins.